Friday, April 16, 2010

Days and days...

Oh what a week! The Victoria Poetry Slam on Tuesday night was very well attended, the crowd and judges were awesome if a little tough. I managed to snag third (out of 11 poets), which I was pleased with. It would be nice to win one of these days, but as long as I qualify for finals I`m happy. Wednesday passed peacefully, and Thursday was hectic but wonderful as my best friend`s little boy turned 5 years old. I bought him a new pair of pj`s which were covered in skateboards. You have to get them started young, you know. That brings us to today; I was officially signed on as Treasurer of a small non-profit group in town, and I received a message saying that the boy who inspired my poem `Daydreams`is returning tomorrow. I am completely elated and hopeful, and the weekend ahead is looking like an exciting one. I am performing in the Big Rock Showdown on Sunday night and if I win (I am the poet of the group) I take home $100. Not too shabby. Then Monday morning its off to the ferry and the wonderful Van Slam Finals night at the Rio Theatre. I`m always excited to head over to the mainland to see the beautiful and thriving spoken word community there. Life is hectic and productive and glorious all at once. I`m grateful to be exactly where I am today, with hopes and dreams for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment