Monday, March 5, 2012

Lost and Found

Up until a few moments ago, I had completely forgotten that this blog existed. It seems something I created during a long sleepless night has been floating around in the sea of lost profiles and old emails, but has now been found!

So much has happened since I first wrote my last post. I colored my hair, I quit my job as a body piercer, oh yea, and I moved across the country. No big deal. It's just Montreal.

I've also been writing and performing a lot. In the fall I went on a little mini tour through Ontario which was a lot of fun. I love seeing the different communities across the country and how vibrant spoken word is in Canada. There's just so much passion, energy, and talent it blows my mind.

Which brings me to my next point; there's a Facebook group called "Make Spoken Word Go Viral" which features and highlights a different Canadian spoken word artist each week, including some of the greats like Mary Pinkoski from Edmonton (*melts at the mention of her poetry*). And, well, this week I'm honored and excited to say that they are featuring yours truly!

I recently made a really cool video poem of my piece "Cinderella Stories" with the videographer EJ Dawson Holmes and they've put that up on the Facebook Page.

But just to add a little extra something-something I'm going to be posting a short poem every day for the next 7 days! Stay tuned, go check out their group page, and as always check in on my artist page (Simply called Megan Ann Ward) and stay in touch with me!

Ooooh its gonna be a fun week.

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment