Saturday, March 10, 2012

Empty Hands (Lazy on a Saturday night)

Today I cried, alot. I'll be honest, some days are just like that. It was a good kind of crying, the kind you've been holding in for days or weeks and it just comes flooding out. And oooh did it all come out. Once that dam breaks its hard to reel it in.

I also did some window shopping and had lunch with a friend though. That was great.

Then, I rode a bicycle without brakes from St.Henri through downtown Montreal home to the Plateau (which was as scary as it sounds).

Needless to say, it's been a rollercoaster of a Saturday.

I could probably write something more involved than this, but I just don't have it in me. So here's something light, simple, and maybe more truthful.

Empty Hands

There are nights
When I would rather watch
Grey's Anatomy
Than talk about my feelings
Or write a poem.

Maybe this is apathetic,
Or not 'artistic'
Or lazy
But honestly
Today was a damn long day
And there are times
When being 'deep'
Just means being honest.

So this may be the most honest poem
I have ever written
On a night
When all I want to do
Is take a nap
And let the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment