Friday, March 9, 2012

A New Way To Be

Hey ya'll,

Its Friday!! Boom shack a lack! The downside of being a poet; the obligatory 9-5 paying job. Ohh how I long for the months I didn't have to sell my soul for money. But the rent has got to get paid!

Oh yeah and its spring! That's right, its daylight savings weekend. Its warm outside, the sun was out all day and everyone looks just a smidge happier than they did at the beginning of the week.

Here's my poem for the day. Only two more left! Obviously I'm still going to post new poems here after this week, but maybe not everyday. A girl's gotta breathe ya know? Enjoy and party safe tonight.


A New Way To Breathe

Tonight
There is a frantic kind of energy
Sending sparks down my spine
And I wish I could say
That its been a long time
Since I felt this way

It seems
I am a person who feels everything
Just a little too much
Because I remember a time
When I chose to feel nothing
What I have learned is that
Knowing how you don't want to live
Only means you have to find a new way to be.

I am still trying to work out a balance
Find the right kind of give and take
Love and be loved
Conflict and resolution
There are battles beneath this skin
I wish I could expose
Trust has never been my strongest suit
This armor
Has become like second breath
Like sixth sense

Tonight,
I am trying to surrender
What I could have had
And what may still come
With what is right now
And the cavity in my fingertips
Is aching for a lover to touch
I am pressing them against the unknown
And praying for clear sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment