Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Skeptic's Miracles

So, I actually managed to write 3 short poems at work today! This after a dry spell of over 3 months. I haven't written this much in a long time, and it feels incredible, like my soul can breathe again. I owe so much to the two wonderful people that run "Make Spoken Word Go Viral" and suggested that for my feature I should try writing something new for the next 7 days. Much love to you!

So, here it is. #2 of 7 to come this week.

A Skeptic's Miracles

If I take twelve to eighteen breath's each minutes
And if most stars are nothing but gas
If love is nothing but pheromones
If magic is just illusion
If friendship is only about survival
If the seven wonders of the world
Are nothing but coincidences

Then I will use each of my twelve to eighteen breath's
To show the stars
The miracle of my fingerprints
To tell the disillusioned romantics
About the lover's in the nursing home
To show the skeptics
That not all magic is a lost cause
And the coincidences of this world
Can still inspire wonder

Because I believe
That we can all live
As loved and wide eyed
As a child discovering gravity
In the first painful seconds of a scaped knee

And I know
That this world can blister a soft heart
But if I get twelve to eighteen breath`s a minute
Then I will spend each reprieve I am given
Being a loving voice
Amongst a sea of miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment